WAE Executive Board meeting was held via Zoom on Saturday 18th November.
Here there are the main topics of discussion:
A long part of the Agenda dealt with the Strategy plan. The DTAC Chair Steve Tully presented
the key points of the draft strategy document. The next steps will be:
- Comments and considerations from the EB (by end of 2023). A specific ‘on line’ meeting will be scheduled
- Engagement ad consultation with other sub committees (Jan/ Feb 24). A specific ‘on line’ meeting will be scheduled
- Published document (End March 24)
- Congress approval (early May 24)
WAE events’ allocation:
According to the bidding process, the 2027 tournaments will be allocated next year during the second annual meeting in Autumn 2024. The list of the events opened for bidding will be published in the next days.
While, the 2025 European Field Championships was allocated to Polish Archery Federation. It will be held in Walbrzych (Ksiaz), Poland.
2024 WAE Elective Congress will be held in Essen, Germany, at the eve of the Continental Quota Tournament and the European Outdoor Championships on 4th May 2024.
The EB approved the stated deadlines regarding documents’ submission and distribution:
- 4 February 2024: motions submitted by MAs to be received by the Secretary General
- 4 March 2024: distribution of the motions by WAE Office to the Member Associations
- 25 March 2024: amendments may be submitted by MAs
- 4 April 2024: deadline for nominations to be received by the Secretary General
- 14 April 2024: distribution of all Congress documents to the Mas
- 24 April 2024: Proxies to be received by the Secretary General
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Youth Cup Rules valid for 2024 events were approved. The main changes deal with the cancellation of the following two articles:
3.1.5 No finals will be shot if less than 4 individuals, teams or mix teams are participating in a category and no points will be given.
5.3 In case that less than 4 individuals, teams or mix teams are participating in a category the winners will be determined by the Qualification Rounds results.
– There are never less than 4 individual participants
– Whenever we had less than 4 teams or mixed teams, coaches always wanted to have matches; we therefor organized “chocolate matches” when possible
The Judge Commissions for 2024 events were approved.