WAE Executive Board meeting was held on 23-24 November 2019 in Rome.
Below some of main decisions:
The next WAE Congress will be held in Antalya (TUR) on 19 May 2020 at the eve of the European Outdoor Championships.
The following positions are vacant or up for the elections:
- 1st Vice President (1 position)
- Member for a 4 years term (3 positions)
- Member for a 2 years term (1 position)
- Development and Technical Committee (3 positions)
- Junior Development Committee (3 positions)
- Judges Committee (3 positions)
- 3D & Field Committee (3 positions)
- Para Archery Committee (3 positions)
Please, consider the stated deadlines regarding documents submission and distribution:
17 February 2020: motions submitted by MAs to be received to WAE Office
19 March 2020: distribution of the motions by WAE Office to the Member Associations
8 April 2020: amendments may be submitted by MAs
18 April 2020: deadline for nominations to be received by the Secretary General
28 April 2020: distribution of all Congress documents to the MAs
The Executive Board allocated the following competitions in 2021:
- European Indoor Championships to Slovenia, Koper, 22-27 February
- European Youth Cup 1st leg to Slovenia, Catez, 17-22 May
- European Youth Cup 2nd leg to Russia, tbc, 2-7 August
- European Grand Prix 1st leg to Turkey, Antalya, 6-11 April
- European Grand Prix 2nd leg to Bulgaria, Ruse, 12-17 July
- European Field Championships to Croatia, tdc, September
- Para Archery European Cup Circuit 1st leg to Italy, Olbia, tbc
- Para Archery European Cup Circuit 2nd leg to Czech Republic, Nove Mesto, tbc
- Run Archery European Cup Czech Republic, Nove Mesto, 9-10 October
While, in 2022, the European Youth Championships is allocated to Romania, Bucharest.
GRAND PRIX AND EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS:
In order to assist the Organizing Committees and to prevent great loss of budget, the E.B. decided that, starting from 2020 events, all the delegations must mandatory chose an hotel among the official ones listed by the LOC.
A delegation choosing a non-official hotel, will be forbidden to participate.
The E.B. decided to align the Youth Cup participation rules to the Grand Prix rules. Each Member Association may enter a maximum number of 6 male and 6 female athletes per division.
Seminar for WAE Technical Delegates – 6-8 June 2021 in Porec
The Executive Board underlined the importance of having very professional Technical Delegates, in order to face and solve any issues related to the tournaments, and above all for guaranteeing high level competitions. Only the participants, who attend the Seminar and successfully pass the exam, will be able to be appointed as TD at European events.
The detailed schedule of the Seminar will be published in the next few days.
In agreement with the Judge Committee, the EB approved a project of seminar on Run Archery for Continental or National Judges during the 2020 Para Archery Cup in Nove Mesto And Metuji (CZE).
The Seminar will be organized provided that an interest in judging at Run Archery is shown by the participants.
The EB approved new Run Archery Rules for European competitions.