The 52nd World Archery Congress was held in Mexico City on 13-14 October 2017, on the eve of the World Archery Championships that runs from 15 to 22 October 2017.
The Congress was opened by World Archery President, prof. dr. Ugur Erdener. Delegates or appointed proxies representing 83 countries were present.
The Delegates voted on the acceptance of more new Federations. For Europe, the Federation of Andorra was accepted as full Member Association, while Bosnia-Herzegovina was excluded by Congress for no activity or non payment of fees.
These are the elections results:
- Dr Ugur Erdener was unanimously re-elected unopposed as World Archery President for a four year term. The President thanked the delegates for their ongoing support and added: “It is a pleasure and a honor to continue as President of World Archery, one of the most forward- thinking, proactive and unified families in the world of international sport”.
- Maria Emma Gaviria of Colombia and Sanguan Kosavinta of Thailand were re-elected Vice Presidents.
- Greg Easton of USA, Vladimir Esheev of Russia and Aladin Gabr of Egypt were re-elected as members of the Executive Board.
The following people were elected to World Archery Committees:
Terms limits within Committees were varied for the first time, according to the motion adopted during the first day of Congress
- Finance and Audit Board
Robert Smith (USA) – (Chairperson), 2021
Hilda Gibson (GBR), 2021
Rolf Lind (DEN), 2021
- Medical and Sport Sciences Committee
Martin Bauer (GER), 2021
Anne Smith (CAN), 2021
Carlos Hermes (GUA), 2021
Fiammetta Scarzella (ITA), 2019
Ahmad Shojali Baghini (IRI), 2019
- Para Archery Committee
Dominique Ohlmann (FRA), 2021
Nancy Littke (CAN), 2021
Sheri Rhodes (USA), 2021
Carole Hicks (NZL), 2019
Pippa Britton (GBR), 2019
- Target Archery Committee
Allan R Wills (CAN), 2021
Lee Eun Kyung (KOR), 2021
Andreas Lorenz (GER), 2021
Olivier Grillat (FRA), 2019
Qu Yinan (CHN), 2019
- Technical Committee
Don S. Rabska (USA), 2021
Kurt Nuenlist (SUI), 2021
Jonathan Shales (GBR), 2021
Chiu Ping-Kun (TPE) 2019
Susanne Womersley (AUS), 2019
- Constitution and Rules Committee
Derrick Lovell (GBR), 2019
Edith Stalter (FRA), 2019