The 18th World Archery Europe Congress was held on 5 June 2022 in Munich (GER) on the eve of the European Championships.
Voting delegates representing 38 European countries were in attendance.
- Mario Scarzella (ITA) was re-elected as World Archery Europe President for a four years term almost unanimously with 37 votes.
- Hakan Cakiroglu (TUR) was re-elected as World Archery Europe Vice President for a four years term almost unanimously with 37 votes.
- Sabrina Steffens (GER) and Jean-Michel Cleroy (FRA) were elected as members of the Executive Board for a four-year term, while Daniel Pavlov (BUL) was elected as Board Member for a two years term.
The following people were elected to World Archery Europe Committees:
- Youth Development Committee: Endre Vik Larsen (NOR) – 2026
- Judges Committee: Klaus Lykkebaek (DEN) – 2026
- 3D and Field Committee: Per Christian Stensgaard (NOR) – 2026
- Development and Technical Committee: Milan Cornel (ROU) – 2026
- Para Archery Committee: Hervè Toggwiller (FRA) – 2026
Mrs. Alessandra Colasante was confirmed as WAE Secretary General, while Mr. Chistian La Forest as Finance Board Chairman.
The following motions passed:
- Vote en-bloc of several changes to the C&R which were needed to have it consistent with today’s custom and practice.
- The Congress can be held every two years either immediately before or after any WAE Championships or Grand Prix, not anymore mandatory before the European Outdoor Championships.
- Term limits introduced for the permanent Committee Members as indication of good governance
- Proxies and voting delegates shall be received at least 10 days before the Congress.
- The Liaisons Officers will be appointed by the EB for a period of two years.
- In case of pandemic or force majeur the Congress can be held virtually.
The Congress awarded WA President and WAE Honorary President Prof. Dr. Ugur Erdener, whose commitment and contributions let archery be one of the uppermost Olympic sports.
WA Secretary General Mr. Tom Dielen for his contribution to the reaching of new successful archery goals in Europe.
Mr. Jean Martens for the outstanding support to WAE Judging activity and considerable contribution to Archery development in Europe.
The President of the German Shooting and Archery Federation, Mr. Hans-Heinrich von Schönfels, for the warm hospitality and for hosting the 2022 WAE Congress.
Mr. Joerg Brokamp for his friendships and for the outstanding support to WAE Congress organization.
WAE Web & Media Responsible, Mr. Gabriele Giovine, for his dedication, passion and commitment to supporting European Archery visibility and development.
Mr. Dominique Ohlmann for the outstanding support to WAE Executive Board and considerable contribution to Archery development in Europe.