The 50th World Archery Congress was held in Antalya – Belek on 27-28 September with the participation of 98 Member Associations.
Prof. Dr. Ugur Erdener was re-elected President of World Archery with 93 votes in favour and 2 votes against.
As Vice Presidents was elected Maria Emma Gaviria (COL) and re-elected Sanguan Kosavinta (THA) and Philippe Bouclet (FRA).
For the Executive Board were elected for a four years term: Greg Easton (USA), Vladimir Esheev (RUS) and Aladin Gabr (EGY).
During the first day the Congress delegates were voted important proposed changes regarding the constitution and the organization’s rules. These are some of the decisions:
– Member Associations must manage their internal affairs with total independence. In case of external form of political, religious and other interferences, WA can act quickly.
– The format of the WA Championships and WA Youth Championships will be for the Recurve Division a qualification round at 70 m., as used in the Olympics. The FITA Round will be still valid round at national level, but not as qualification round for International tournament formats.
– Change the categories for Para Archery, especially in team events: Recurve open, Compound open, and W1 open
– Apply the set system to Recurve team elimination rounds
– Apply cumulative scoring to indoor Compound archery head to heads
– Remove half FITA round
Before the conclusion of the Congress, many awards were presented to some persons for their contribution to the growing success of archery.