The World Archery Europe Executive Board meeting was held in Pyla, Larnaca (CYP) on 5th November. It was kindly hosted by the Cyprus Archery Federation during the international tournament “Aphrodite Cup”.
The meeting had a long agenda, the main decisions taken are listed below.
- The host city of the 2023 Grand Prix in Croatia will be held Umag, instead of Porec.
- The 2023 European Club Teams Cup was allocated to Serbia Archery Federation, it will be held in Belgrade on 7-8 October 2023.
The following events were allocated in 2024:
- The European Indoor Championships was allocated to Croatian Archery Federation, it will be held in Porec (CRO).
- The Grand Prix was allocated to The Netherlands Archery Federation, it will be held in Arnhem, Papendal (NED)
- The Youth Cup was allocated to Bulgarian Archery Federation, it will be held in Sofia (BUL)
- The Para-Archery European Championships was allocated to Italian Archery Federation, it will be held in Rome (ITA).
- The European Club Team Cup was allocated to Bulgarian Archery Federation, it will be held in Ruse (BUL).
The 2024 European 3D Championships is still opened for bidding.
Meanwhile, it is opened the bidding process for 2025 and 2026 events. The full list of events will be sent out.
- The GP rules were slightly changed and the updated version will be published soon on WAE website. One of the changes deals with the maximum limit of the accommodation cost which is increased to 180 Euro per person per day (full board, in double room).
- It was also decided that GP schedule will reflect the World Cup schedule.
- The YC rules for 2023 were approved.
- The maximum limit of the accommodation cost was increased to 100 Euro per person per day (full board, in double room).
- The Board decided to increase to 500 Euro the maximum limit of travels cost for the Judges officially appointed to WAE event (in effect from 1 January 2024). This expense is covered by the LOCs and tickets can be previously booked both by the Organizers or the concerned Judges.
- According to the suggestion of the Judge Committee, the Board approved to increase the uniform allocation so that each appointed Judge gets two pairs of trousers.